Friday, July 24, 2009

Back from Weight Watchers

Not much to report there. They were talking about activity, but mostly making suggestions about what kind of activities we can do in the summer (now). I just love when they suggest using the Wii for exercise. Oh, I know, some people like it, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not about to go that route.
I did get my weight. It's gone up. A few weeks ago I went and they had apparently decided they were going "green"! Oh boy. Basically this means they don't want to supply the paper towels anymore. So, either you wear socks on the scale or a pair of sandals. I wear sandals, so that works for me. But my weight went up which was a little confusing at the time. I weighed the sandals and holy cow! Two pounds! Turns out I had lost a little instead.
So, today, no surprises. I'm still wearing the sandals, but I know to expect the extra two pounds. Turns out I had gained again. I wasn't too surprised by that, but the lady weighing me thought to ask if I had eaten or drunk anything before I came in. I had eaten a banana and a bottle and a half of water. Weighing the water, it appears I may not have gained after all, but I'm not putting much faith in that. If it is true, then it will be a nice loss when I go back next week.
But not on Friday. Thursday is out too, because of the addict's meeting and karaoke. Monday may soon be a bad idea as well.
So, I figure Tuesday may be the best idea, an evening meeting, later is probably better than early. And to save on gas, I'll make Tuesday a gym day, so I'll can hit Weight Watcher's on my way back.
I also need to schedule some cigar time at my cigar shop. They have a nice VIP lounge for members, like myself, and being there and smoking cigars helps me to avoid cigarettes. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense to you, but I'm addicted to tobacco and I know it. But weight has to be my first priority. I don't inhale the cigars and I don't like cigarettes. So it works in my favor to smoke the cigars, instead of the cigarettes, which in turn will help my exercise as well, since I won't be inhaling all that smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment