Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'''''m Baaaaaaaaack!

Not that anyone's reading.
But in the last post I mentioned that if you don't hear from me for a while, I might just be dead. Thought it would be good to point out I've just been busy.
The day I last posted marked the beginning of a short vacation in which I visited an old friend of mine. I just got back a few days ago. I had planned to post updates along the week that I was gone, but as it turns out, my friend has neither cable or internet. To top it off, my laptop chose that time to stop responding to my power adapter. Thankfully, my buddy's stepdaughter's computer was in the house and her power adapter was compatible with my laptop.
I didn't really get out to the gym much, really just to set up my locker (I am now renting a locker there) and go for a swim.
So there's not been much exercise, but what about the diet? Well, I brought some Weight Watcher's snacks with me for the vacation, so that I wouldn't have to worry about being hungry. Honestly, I didn't need them much. I didn't eat well, but while I was at my friend's I didn't indulge myself too much. Though we did go out to a buffet one evening, even then I didn't stuff myself too much.
However, at the end of my mini-vaca, I stopped at a place I've been dying to try - "Simply Fondue".
They have an extensive Martini selection, and they offer a four course meal starting with a salad, an appetizer that comes with a bowl of melted cheese and sauce, along with vegetables, fruit, and bread to dip in.
Then the main course consists of three meats of your choosing and a plate of vegetables. The fondue grill is used to heat a pot of oil that you cook the food in.
The dessert is peices of fruit, marshmallow and cake. And you can choose from 14 different chocalate sauces to dip the dessert in.
Obviously, this is pretty filling stuff.
Anyway, I don't know how far my weight went up this week yet, as I haven't been to Weight Watcher's, I'm going in a few hours.
I'll take my measurements as well, though I imagine there won't be much difference.
In conclusion, I haven't been to the gym for real in a week. No treadmill, etc. I can't let mysellf drop the exercise regimine. I have to get back on the ball.
Of course, part of the problem is that tomorrow marks the beginning of another mini vacation, this time I'll be spending the weekend plus change with some other friends of mine, for the 4th of July. Not sure that will turn out, but I'll be sure to comment on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment