That went well, starting off a rather good day. I watched some of the first Season of Dexter with my sister (I hate TV, but I LOVE that show!) and went back to sleep for a few hours.
Where I live, there is no trash pickup. Instead, we have to take our garbage to the local dump. Sounds like total BS, but in reality, our house is pretty far off the street and if we did have local pickup, we'd have to schlep the trash out to the road every week. Taking care of it myself might be the better idea.
So, I get up around 3PM, start getting the trash loaded into the back of my truck. Like I don't have enough shit back there already. I swear, I should just play "The Streetbeater" whenever I drive it.
I got to the dump, and both compactors were full already. That means I can't get rid of my trash. It's still sitting in the back of my truck! Fuck!
Had to go to the hospital to get bloodwork done. The good news is this. I had to get some tests done there back in January, because my college requires that a lot of immunizations that are out of date for me be done. So I went there to see if some sort of antibodies were present, which would mean I don't need the shot. Since my Doctor is a friend of the family and treats me for free (and was giving me the immunizations for free) I was obliged to get the tests done for him, so he didn't have to waste a shot.
But when I was there it was a pain getting to Outpatient. It's seemed like a VERY long walk, which I had to stop in the middle of and rest. Not today. Made it right on down there, barely winded. Didn't seem very long either. Exagerrative memory. I coined that term. It's mine. So don't fucking touch it!
After that I HAD TO EAT! I hadn't eaten since 1 in the morning, I think. I knew I would be getting tests done and you have to fast for them. I don't believe in the magical midnight bullshit (whatever you do, don't eat or drink after midnight!) but I do know you need at least 8 hours or so of an empty stomach.
So by the time they pulled pulled the needle out of my arm and I filled the little cup, and I was just starved. I'd brought along a snack, because I knew I was going to wolf it down, but it wasn't enough. Thankfully, I had ten bucks on me.
What to do with ten dollars? Well, I knew I needed to be out by the mall anyway. There is a Sprint store there and I had to take care of something there. Sonic isn't too far away. But Sonic's food is only so-so. Their drinks are really where it's at and I wasn't all that thirsty. Just famished!
none of the fast food places really interested me. had it been Wednesday, I might have hit Arby's, because they had some free food deal going on there. I imagine I would have hit them twice!
But not today.
The best idea I could come up with was the Chinese place in the mall. Great food. I don't like that they charge you more if you get two or three items. I know, that sounds silly. If you get two or three items, you're getting more, right? This place is like Panda Express. You get a plate or a container. They fill half your dish with rice or lo mein. If you want half and half, it costs a dollar extra. Then in the other ha;f, they put the food you want. General's Chicken, or Beef and Broccoli, for example.
I like a little variety. One type of food is somewhere around 4.50. (Not a bad deal, really!) They don't fill the whole container, but almost. If you get two foods (this means, you might get general's chicken AND beef and broccoli) it costs around 5.75. But you don't get much more food. They barely fill the container at that point. If you want three, for example, today I got General's chicken, Spicy Chicken, and Curry Chicken, that costs about 7 bucks. And they fill up the container. The difference in amount between the three options is very small. It's all about the variety. The two and three food platters are a rip off. Better to order two separate platters.
Since I wanted all three, and I was on a tight budget, I had to settle with what I got, and shrimp fried rice, which cost another dollar, since I was adding shrimp. In addition, they don't have free refills on sodas. Really! They don't do that! But Saladworks, next door, they have free refills!
So, I took my food over to Saladworks and bought a soda. Free refills.
Now some of you might wonder, since I'm trying to lose weight, why not eat at Saladworks? I've seen their nutritional information. They're not that great. Problem is, there's all kinds of wonderful things to put on your salad, and with each thing, your salad become less and less good for you. How many kind of cheese do they have for chrissake? And their dressings - no good.
I'm sure most of their possibilities are better than the chinese food I had, but not all that much, and I really enjoyed the chinese food. I knew what I was getting into, and I was ok with it. Had I gotten a salad there, I would not have been happy. I like salads. But I feel like Saladworks is just a scam.
I really didn't get any real exercise in today. I almost got into a fight, that would have been some good exercise. I had to run down to the bodega for my Dad and run an errand for my mom. I stopped at the shop and told the folks there what I needed, and then left to go take care of my mom, stopping at the store on the way back to pick up my order.
When I first pulled in (the first time) there was a truck parked there taking up two spots. Right in front of the door. What the fuck is wrong with people?
Where my parents live is a really nice area. Farming area. Bumblefuck Nowhere. But just a mile down the road (where the Bodega is) is an area that tries to be more urban. The local ghetto is down there. It's still Bumble, most people have never heard of the township we live in, but these kids want to act like they live in Camden or Watts or something. So they act fucking ignorant and inconsiderate. Because to them, that's being badass. Many of them have warrants. But a lot of the remind me of the subject of "Pretty Fly for a White Guy". (Though, these are mostly black kids we are talking about. These guys are all wannabes to me. And the white kids that pull that shit are even more pathetic.)
So I go inside, just shaking my head. The guys that run Franco's make a fucking mint doing it. But the worst part about working there is catering to some of the unsavory characters that come in. It's all about taking their money.
So I walk in just shaking my head. I thought about having a word with the driver, realizing that his vocabulary was probably limited, but saw that he was not present, instead just a real "pleasant" looking guy was sitting in the passenger seat, looking like he thinks he shot Tupac.
The girl behind the counter commiserated with me, and asked what they'd done. I told her and she asked why I didn't tell them off. I wasn't sure what good she thought it would do. Would they look down at the ground, and realize their error, and apologize profusely? I wouldn't quite do that, but if someone pointed out I'd made as bad a parking job as these guys did, I'd at least say acknowledge it and give some kind of apology. "Yeah, my bad". Is this what she thought would happen? Really?
So I placed my order, walked outside, and the driver was getting in. I figured, ok, let's see what'll happen. I asked the guy "Hey, did you park this truck?" He jumped out immediately, giving me "You got a fucking problem!?!?!" line. I told him "yeah, I figure if you'd tried hard enough, you could have taken up three parking spaces instead of just two." That was pretty diplomatic, for me. Suddenly they are all out of the car yelling and screaming, pulling the intimidation bullshit.
Now, the truth of the matter is, even though they're a bunch of fucking wannabes, and they ain't shit compares to the real crackhead, murderous motherfucker's from real ghettos, there were five of them. And five of just about anything is enough to whip one person's ass. Especially if those five people had weapons and the one didn't. I don't know if they did or not. I do know they've got records. And a few of them, I heard, have warrants. One of them tried getting up close and personal. Wanted to know what the fuck my problem was. (sound familiar?) I had been walking to my truck. Not letting them intimidate me, by running, but letting them think they might be, by continuing to walk. I was at my truck, but instead of trying to get in, I stopped fast and turned on them. "Your buddy parked like an moron, and now he's acting like one. That's my problem." I turned and open the door to my truck, starting to get in. They were all yelling about what they were going to do to me and so on and so forth, when I stepped back out of my truck. "OK, shoot me. You're so goddamn tough, you must have a gun in there somewhere, shoot me right here." They all shut up. Then the talking again about how they were going to fuck me up and cracker motherfucker, etc...
So I told them "OK, so come here and kick the shit out of me, all five of you, let's go, right now." Someone said something about a racial slur. "I didn't use a racial slur. I didn't even curse at you. I'm not so stupid that I need to. Now come on over here and kill me if you're so bad."
That kept on yelling, cursing and making suggestions about what I should, and they'd like to do to my mother. As they got back in their truck, still yelling out the window, as they backed the truck up and pulled out of the parking lot.
Fat lot of good that shit did. I got called a fat fuck by a guy that was almost as fat as I am. And for a few minutes, I thought I might actually be taking another trip to the hospital. I'm actually a little disappointed.
Anyway, that was about it for the day. Nothing much else worth mentioning. I might make it out to Weight Watcher's tomorrow, and since I didn't get to the gym today, I want to go tomorrow.

I'll let you know (you who? Like anybody's fucking reading this shit.) how that goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment