Monday, June 22, 2009

So I made it back to the gym today. I must say, not one of my red letter days. On the up side, the hot tub was working (finallly!), on the down side, it was rather busy upstairs and when I got on the treadmill for my main walk I only did 6 minutes. Last time I did something like 7 and a half, but this time I only did 6. In the park the other day I did over 8 minutes! So why only six this time!?!?
I'll chalk it up to how hard I pushed myself. I was dying to get off at 5 and it really hurt to go the extra minute.
I started pushing the speed and the walking on the treadmill without holding on, which makes me walk faster.
So I'm not too concerned, I'm going back Wednesday and I'm going to take it easy; not too easy, just not going over level 2, and not even getting there till I'm a few minutes away from stopping.
I want to get back over level 8.
Making matters worse today, there were just too many people there for my cooldown, which is usually another 5 minutes on the treadmill. But those were all taken up, so I did a lap on the track around the gym.
I also had gotten there early enough to take part in the aquarobics class. I'm going to try and make an effort to be even earlier, so that I can be in the pool before the class starts.
I found out the locker rental will be 35 dollars a month. They have a 25 dollar one that is smaller (much) but I need the room, I'll be keeping my workout clothes and my swimming clothes, along with sneakers and sandals and such in there.
I also need to get to Weight Watchers. I wanted to last week but I didn't. So I'm going tomorrow. Again, I have to work everything into a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment