Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not much regarding weight loss here, but...

Previously, I mentioned that I was planning to skip the workout today. Thursdays I volunteer as a computer teacher. However, the turnout has been bad lately. Real bad. I've only had one guy that shows up regularly. And that's only if I call him to remind him beforehand. It turns out that when it's warm and pleasant out, people have better things to do with their time. So, I've recommended in the past that once this class plays out (it's a 6 week course) that we disband it until fall. Today I got a call from the lady that runs the place. She not only took my suggestion, but offered to let me out of the obligation I had going as well.
Which means I didn't have to teach today! Which means I could have gone to work out. But I didn't. I've been the last two days straight, my shoulder is still a little bit tender from the shot, and when I decide I'm not going to do something, and I end up doing it anyway, I often resent doing it.
So I saw my Doctor today, which is good. He's hooking me up with a nutritionist at the hospital. I don't want someone setting up a diet for me, but what the hell. He also set up a sleep study for me, which I need.
Then I came home and relaxed with the folks. Until 8:30 at least. Karaoke starts at 9PM, so I had to be on my way by 8:30.
That's the other reason I didn't mind skipping the workout. Karaoke gives me a small workout anyway. Of course, I also eat at Karaoke, and I have to admit, it's not the best food. I ordered a Monte Cristo. To begin with, a Monte Cristo sandwich is NOT health food. It has ham and turkey with Swiss. The bread is French Toast. And you dip it in maple syrup. So, yes, not healthy, but my god is it tasty!
Well, it is...when it's done right. First thing that threw me off was that the menu said it was wheat bread. OK...maybe they're trying to be healthy? What they didn't say is that instead of turning that wheat bread into French Toast, they batter it and dump it in a deep fryer, and instead of maple syrup, they use raspberry jam. Jesus.
A lot of their food is like that. I ordered the fish and chips once, I expect that to be fried, but still...it was so thick in the batter department, and so greasy. Jeez. Still, I've never had the real stuff, I've heard over in GB it's like that too.
Anyway...I was saved from the grease menu. I stopped at the grocery store earlier today and picked up some things off the salad bar. In fact, I had a small debate with my mother over the items I got. Mostly salads. She said that was no good. It's salad! Egg salad, seafood salad, shrimp and pasta salad...
But it wasn't much. But it was enough to make me sick as hell. Specifically, the egg salad. Oh dear lord, what was I thinking? It didn't hit til after I got to the bar. Incidentally, I noticed that tonight wasn't much of a workout for me. Maybe it's because I've been going for over a month and am used to it now, or because I have really kicked things up a notch with the gym. Or it might have had to do with the amount of other singers at the bar. I didn't get to sing much tonight. And the songs I sung weren't all that strenuous. Not once did I find myself panting at the end of the song. Not once did I have to lean against something because I'd been standing to long. But holy shit, did I have to use the shitter. It was just awful. If you're wondering how I know it was the egg salad....I'm sure you don't want me to tell you how I knew, as I sat on the porcelain throne, feeling like I was gonna die, I'm sure you don't want me to tell you how I knew.
So, I had nothing but diet cokes and a lot of chips and salsa.
I did fairly well when I did sing, someone even requested a song for me to do (A little help from my friends, by Joe Cocker) which went EXTREMELY well. I surprised myself!
I wasn't the only source of surprise for myself. There was a rather attractive girl at the bar. Not a model, for sure. She was too short for a model. Not nearly thin enough either. She had a nice ass and some love handles too. She carried some weight on the front as well, but
A. Not so bad you'd notice (in other words, wouldn't bother me)
and
B. Nothing anywhere NEAR what I look like, her gut is like 1/100th of mine.

She's got looks, she's dancing around, seems nice enough, and she has a circle on her ass. WTF? A circle on her right back pocket to be precise. It's not sewn in or anything. It's made from whatever's in her back pocket. A perfect circle, sticking out. Just like...a can of dip. You know, snuff tobacco! The finely chopped tobacco in a flavored tobacco juice liquid. The kind that people, men, (at least it's always been men since that I've seen use it, until tonight) tuck into their lower lip. And they spit the juice out.
I've used it before. It's awful. I've known people that use it. I don't understand how people kiss them. It's got to be awful.
And here this girl is doing it right in front of me. Well, maybe not. I'd just seen something that looked like it in her pocket. Then she pulled it out, and she pulled some snuff out of it, and tucked it in her lip. Me and everyone else that saw it cringed in shock.
What was worse was I kept wondering where she was spitting it. Then I saw. She kept a spit cup. Well, that's par for the course. But it was clear, and I saw juice (as if I didn't feel sick enough already) but I didn't see any...clumps. What did she do with them? I scanned the floor. Nothing there. Then I found out. She pulled out the plastic can with one hand, removed the wad of shredded bits of squeezed tobacco from her mouth, and put them BACK IN THE CAN!
YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
Awful. Just awful.
not sure if I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Have a call coming tomorrow. Very important and it's coming in the morning. Early. Means I need to stay up for the night. If I go to the gym I'll just be dragging my ass.
On the other hand, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a little walking around the house tomorrow. Outside, that is. Maybe even get a little yardwork in. (A little!)
I need to get into everyday exercise. Making myself more mobile.
I would start walking when I go to the store, but those little electric scooters are much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment